Carlsbad Divorce Litigation Attorneys Advocate for Your Rights
Skilled litigators helping you through your divorce in North County
Since 1993, Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law has been resolving legal issues affecting families throughout the San Diego area, including Carlsbad, Oceanside, La Jolla, Vista, Encinitas, Escondido and Rancho Santa Fe. We work closely with you during your divorce to determine if settlement is the right option for you and your family. If it's not, we have the skills and experience necessary to assertively advocate for your rights at trial.
Divorce situations that may require litigation
Our law firm successfully settles most of our divorce cases, negotiating equitable terms by using mediation or collaborative techniques. California law mandates that most couples engage in mediation and only set a case for trial if the spouses cannot reach an agreement after making a sincere, genuine effort to do so. However, in some situations, neither mediation nor collaborative divorce is an option. It is our recommendation, which we argue to the court, that your case proceeds directly to trial if your marriage involves:
- Substance abuse — Your spouse's dependency on drugs or alcohol can hinder reasonable negotiations and may raise questions about your spouse's ability to fulfill parental responsibilities. We believe that substance abuse issues should be legally addressed.
- Psychological and mental health issues — The court may need to deal with your spouse's or child's psychological or mental health issues before finalizing the terms of your divorce.
- Parental alienation —If your spouse purposefully creates friction between you and your children, a judge may need to intervene to ensure that your relationship is not harmed. Parental alienation is a serious issue of which the court should be made aware.
- Domestic violence — The courtroom is the appropriate forum for handling dissolution of a marriage with a history of domestic violence, because you should not have to negotiate with your abuser.
- Complex issues in divorce — Although divorce is seldom easy, you may face complex issues that make settlement of your difficult divorce impossible through alternative dispute resolution.
Our trial lawyers stand by you throughout your divorce
Divorce litigation can be stressful and overwhelming. For many clients, their divorce proceedings are the first time they have ever been in a courtroom or participated in the legal process. Our trial lawyers ease your anxiety about filing for divorce and take decisive steps to make you feel as comfortable as possible during this difficult time.
Attorney Alan Silverman applies his family therapist and child development education and experience to helping you and your family cope, especially if your divorce involves complex and lengthy litigation proceedings. He is also a certified by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California as a family law specialist.
Consult with our Southern California divorce trial lawyers about litigating your dissolution
For assertive divorce trial advocacy, call Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law at 760.512.3251 or 415.906.4142 or contact us online to schedule your free initial phone consultation. Sunday appointments are available.
From our law office in Carlsbad, we serve clients in Oceanside, La Jolla, Vista, Encinitas, Escondido, Rancho Santa Fe and throughout the San Diego area.