Carlsbad, CA Family Lawyers Give You the Help You Need
Resolving family conflicts for clients in North County since 1993
In the 20 years since Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law, was established, Alan R. Silverman and Claudia Bravo Silverman have focused exclusively on effectively resolving family conflicts. We dedicate our extensive resources and in-depth knowledge to helping you reach the best outcome for your case through alternative dispute resolution or trial. Alan Silverman applies his background in psychology and family counseling to help you deal with challenging issues at a difficult time.
Helping you reach your objectives in divorce
We advise you as to the benefits and risk with resolving issues in private negotiations, such as alternative dispute resolution, or at trial and which is the the best means of reaching your objectives:
- Marital settlement in divorce — Silverman & Silverman emphasizes the use of mediation and collaborative law methods for reaching equitable settlement terms whether in dividing marital assets, resolving spousal support, child custody, parenting plans, or child support.
- Divorce litigation — If your dissolution involves complex psychological issues, domestic violence or other complex dissolution issues, we advocate for your rights, whether negotiating for you or at trial.
Guiding parents through child custody and visitation issues
As divorcing parents, your children are your primary concern. We give you the solid and compassionate guidance you need to put your children first in issues involving:
- Child visitation — We guide you in developing a child visitation and parenting plan that works for you and your family, and address unhealthy family dynamics that could cause parental alienation.
- Child custody — Our lawyers assist you in obtaining the physical and legal custody that benefits you and your children, such as joint or sole custody arrangements.
- Contentious custody disputes — We help you address and understand high-conflict custody issues, including substance abuse, restraining orders, parental alienation and move away custody matters.
- Modification of custody, visitation and support orders — If you experienced a change in circumstances, we may seek a modified order from the court.
- Parent and grandparent rights — Our firm advises you regarding factors the court considers when determining the rights of the father and the mother and how a judge determines grandparents' rights.
Supporting same-gender couples facing family law issues
Couples in domestic partnerships have many of the same rights and are subject to many of the same obligations as married couples within the State of California. The U.S. government does not yet recognize your commitment, which is the basis for some legal complications regarding same-sex marriage or partnership issues, including child custody, and estate and property rights. We can provide guidance for the registration or dissolution of your domestic partnership to protect your interests.
Get the help you need with your family law issues from us
Learn more about reaching desirable outcomes in your family law disputes. Call Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law, at 760.512.3251 or 415.906.4142 or online to schedule your free initial phone consultation. Sunday appointments are available.
From our law office in Carlsbad, we serve clients in Oceanside, La Jolla, Vista, Encinitas, Escondido, Rancho Santa Fe and throughout the San Diego area.