Skilled Carlsbad Lawyers Handle High-Conflict Family Law Matters
A firm committed to resolving challenging San Diego cases
In 1993, attorneys Alan R. Silverman and Claudia Bravo Silverman together established Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law — a law firm exclusively focusing on family law matters in California.
Prior to becoming an attorney Mr. Silverman practiced as a marriage, child and family therapist and was employed as a clinical psychologist in Carlsbad. He also served as the Executive Director of Casa De Amparo, a child abuse residential treatment facility in Oceanside funded by the San Diego County Department of Social Services. During that time, he wrote and administered a child abuse treatment grant to benefit military families at Camp Pendleton.
Our firm is built on the philosophy that obtaining desirable outcomes for our clients need not involve hostile confrontations or stressful scenes. We address family law disputes from an understanding of mental health issues and psychopathology to reduce the level of conflict and to produce better results.
If you reside in the San Diego area let us help you accomplish your divorce goals in the least confrontational manner possible. We offer alternative dispute resolution to guide you and your spouse toward a just settlement. Should you retain our firm to represent and advocate for you in the traditional method to seek a resolution for your family law issues, and an equitable agreement cannot be reached between you and your spouse, then Alan Silverman is a skilled litigator who can take your case to trial.
What sets us apart from other family law firms?
We have the knowledge and dedication to help you through the difficult issues affecting your life and your family. You can count on us to get results and give you peace of mind and confidence now regarding your future. We are different from other firms because:
- Experience — Our attorneys have 20 years of experience in mediation, collaborative methods and litigation of family law matters.
- Psychology and family counseling background — Attorney Alan R. Silverman holds a doctorate in counseling psychology and 15 years of practical experience in family, adolescent and child counseling. This background is especially useful in addressing destructive dynamics that can cause parental alienation.
- Counseling model approach — Our counseling model approach helps you cope with psychological divorce issues that can arise during drawn-out, complex divorce proceedings.
- Certification as a family law specialist — Alan R. Silverman, Ph.D., is certified by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California as a family law specialist, which title is earned through a rigorous application, examination and review process acknowledging exceptional skills, ethics and professionalism.
- Skills as family law mediators — Alan Silverman acts as a neutral mediator to guide you and your spouse toward equitable settlement terms through mediation. The process covers property division, child custody, parenting plans, visitation, child support and spousal support.
- Training in collaborative law — We are highly trained in collaborative law negotiation. This innovative method can be an effective tool for reaching a just settlement with your spouse or partner.
- Attention to you — In cases involving mental illness, parental alienation, domestic violence, substance abuse or other difficult issues, we give you attention and referral to services as we pursue your legal options. Alan Silverman's experience as a clinical psychologist and family therapist enables him to assess the dynamics of the relationship and help clients cope with any form of psychopathology affecting the case.
Learn more about our Carlsbad law firm's results-oriented counseling model approach to family law issues
For the outcomes you desire for your family law issues and help coping with the difficult issues you face during the legal process, contact Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law, at 760.407.6312 or online or at 415.906.4142 to schedule your free, initial telephone consultation. Sunday appointments are available.
From our law office in Carlsbad, we serve clients in Oceanside, La Jolla, Vista, Encinitas, Escondido, Rancho Santa Fe and throughout the San Diego area.