Family Law Attorneys in Carlsbad CA Advocate for Your Rights
Skilled litigators in North County help you through your dissolution
Throughout California, including San Diego County – Carlsbad, Oceanside, La Jolla, Vista, Encinitas, Escondido and Rancho Santa Fe – we work closely with you during your dissolution to determine if settlement is the right option for you and your family and /or when our skills and are necessary to assertively advocate for your rights at trial.
Dissolution facts that may require litigation
Our law firm successfully settles most of our family-law cases: negotiating equitable terms by using mediation or collaborative techniques. California family-law mandates that most couples engage in mediation and only set a case for trial when the parties cannot reach an agreement after making a good-faith effort to negotiate and settle. For some situations, neither mediation nor collaborative divorce is an option and ,if that is our recommendation or needed, then we argue to the court that your case proceed directly to trial if your marriage or partnership involves:
- Substance abuse — Your spouse’s or partner’s dependency on drugs or alcohol can hinder reasonable negotiations and may raise questions about his or her ability to fulfill parental responsibilities. We believe that substance-abuse issues should be legally addressed.
- Psychological and mental health issues — The court may need to address and resolve your spouse’s or partner’s or child’s psychological or mental-health issues before the terms of your dissolution are final.
- Parental estrangement or alienation —If your spouse or partner purposefully creates friction between you and your children, the court may need to intervene to ensure that your relationship is not harmed. Parental estrangement or alienation is a serious issue that the court should be made aware.
- Domestic violence — The courtroom is the appropriate forum for the dissolution of a marriage or partnership with a history of domestic violence, because the person receiving the abuse should not have to negotiate with his or her abuser.
- Complex issues — Dissolution is seldom easy and complex issues may make settling your difficult dissolution impossible through alternative-dispute resolution.
Our lawyers stand by you throughout dissolution
Dissolution litigation can be stressful and overwhelming. For many clients, their dissolution proceedings are the first time they ever enter a courtroom or participate in the legal process. Our trial lawyers ease your anxiety about filing for dissolution and work decisively to make you feel as comfortable as possible during this difficult time.
Attorney Alan R. Silverman applies his family-therapist and child-development education and experience to help you and your family cope, especially if your dissolution involves complex and lengthy litigation proceedings. Mr. Silverman is certified by the Board of Legal Specialization of The State Bar of California as a family law specialist (CFLS).
Consult with Alan R. Silverman in Carlsbad CA about litigating your dissolution
For assertive divorce trial advocacy, call Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law at 760-512-3251 or contact us online to schedule your free initial phone consultation. Sunday appointments are available.
Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law, located in Carlsbad, California, serves clients in and around Carlsbad, San Diego, Oceanside, Vista, Escondido, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Encinitas, La Jolla, Mira Mesa, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, San Marcos and all North County San Diego.