Carlsbad, CA, Family Court Lawyers Give You the Help You Need
Resolving family conflicts for clients in North County
In the nearly 25 years since Silverman Family Law, APC, was established, Alan R. Silverman and Claudia Bravo Silverman focused on effectively resolving family conflicts. We dedicate our resources and in-depth knowledge to help you reach the best outcome for your case through alternative dispute resolution or trial. Alan R. Silverman applies his background in psychology and family counseling to help you address challenging issues at a difficult time.
Helping you reach your objectives in divorce
We advise you regarding the benefits and risks, the pros and cons, of resolving issues in private negotiations, alternative dispute resolution (ADR), or at trial. We help you determine the best forum for reaching your objectives:
- Settlement in marital or partnership dissolution – We emphasize emphasizes using mediation and collaborative methods to achieve the terms of equitable settlement, whether dividing marital assets or resolving spousal support, child custody, parenting plans, or child support matters, consistent with the Superior Court’s goal that parties attempt to resolve issues outside the courtroom as much as possible.
- Dissolution or divorce litigation — If your dissolution involves complex psychological issues, domestic violence or other complex dissolution issues, we advocate for your rights, whether in private negotiation or at trial.
Guidance through child custody and/or visitation issues
When you are dissolving your marriage or partnership, your children are your primary concern. We give you solid and compassionate guidance you need to put your children first in issues involving:
- Child visitation-Developing a child-visitation and parenting plan that works for you and your Family Court and addresses unhealthy Family Court dynamics that could cause parental estrangement or interference with a parent-child relationship.
- Child custody-Obtaining physical and legal custody that benefits you and your children, such as joint custody or sole custody arrangements.
- Contentious custody disputes — Helping you address and understand high-conflict custody issues, including substance abuse, restraining orders, parental estrangement and move-away custody matters.
- Modify custody, visitation and/or support orders — If you experienced a change in circumstances, you may seek a modified order from the Court with our assistance.
- Parent and grandparent rights – Advising about factors the Court considers when determining the rights of each parent or both parents and/or determining rights of grandparent(s).
Supporting same-gender couples with Family Court-law issues
Couples in domestic partnerships, whether same gender or mixed genders, have many of the same rights and are subject to many of the same obligations as married couples within the State of California. As legal complications regarding same-gender marriage or partnership issues, including child custody and estate and property rights, become known, we will provide guidance for the registration or dissolution of your marriage or domestic partnership to protect your interests.
Get the help you need with your family-law issues from us
Learn more about reaching desirable outcomes in your Family Court-law disputes. Call Silverman Family Law, APC, at 760-512-3251 or contact us online to schedule your free, initial phone consultation. Sunday appointments are available.
Silverman Family Law, APC, located in Carlsbad, California, serves clients in and around Carlsbad, San Diego, Oceanside, Vista, Escondido, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Encinitas, La Jolla, Mira Mesa, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, San Marcos and all North County San Diego.