Skilled Carlsbad Lawyers Handle High-Conflict Family Law Matters
Committed to resolving challenging San Diego County cases
In 1993, attorneys Alan R. Silverman and Claudia Bravo Silverman together established Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law, to address family law matters in California. Before obtaining his license to practice law, Mr. Silverman practiced as a Marriage, Family and Child therapist and was employed as a marriage, child and family therapist in Carlsbad and served as Executive Director of Casa De Amparo, a child-abuse residential treatment facility in Oceanside, funded by the San Diego County Department of Social Services. During that time, he wrote and administered a child-abuse treatment grant to benefit military families at Camp Pendleton in Oceanside CA.
The attorneys’ philosophy is to obtain desirable results for clients and to focus on resolution without involving hostile confrontations or stressful scenes. We address family-law disputes from an understanding of mental-health issues and psychopathology to reduce the conflict and to produce better results.
If you reside in San Diego County, let us help you accomplish your marital or partnership dissolution or family-law goals in the least confrontational manner possible. We offer alternative dispute resolution to guide you and your [ex-]spouse toward a just settlement should you choose private mediation at the outset. Should you retain our firm to represent and advocate for you in the traditional method so as to seek a resolution for your family-law issues, and an equitable agreement cannot be reached between you and your spouse, then Alan R. Silverman, our skilled litigator, can take your case to trial.
What sets us apart from other family law firms?
We have the knowledge and dedication to help you through the difficult issues affecting your life and your family. You can rely on us to obtain results and give you peace of mind and confidence now regarding your future. We are different because:
- Experience — Our attorneys have nearly 25 years of experience in mediation, collaborative methods, and litigation in resolving family-law disputes.
- Psychology and family counseling background — Attorney Alan R. Silverman holds a Ph.D. in counseling psychology and 15 years of practical experience in family, adolescent and child counseling — especially useful in addressing destructive dynamics that can cause parental estrangement or alienation.
- Counseling model approach — Our counseling-model approach helps you cope with the emotional or psychological issues in your dissolution that may arise during drawn-out, complex dissolution proceedings.
- Certified as a family law specialist (CFLS) — Alan R. Silverman, Ph.D., is certified by the Board of Legal Specialization of The State Bar of California as a family law specialist, which title he earned through a rigorous application, examination and review process acknowledging exceptional skills, ethics and professionalism.
- Family law mediator — Alan R. Silverman is available as a neutral mediator to guide you and your spouse or partner toward equitable settlement terms through mediation where he supports both of you in reaching a conclusion and represents neither of you. The issues for resolution may include property division, child custody, parenting plans, visitation, child support and/or spousal support or any portion thereof.
- Attention to you — In cases involving mental illness, parental estrangement or alienation, domestic violence, substance abuse or other difficult issues, we give you attention and referral to services as we pursue your legal options and preserve your legal rights. Alan R. Silverman’s experience as a clinical psychologist and family therapist enables him to assess the dynamics of the relationship and to help clients cope with any psychopathology affecting the case.
Learn more about our Carlsbad CA law firm’s results-oriented, counseling-model approach to family-law issues
For the results you desire for your family-law issues and for help coping with the difficult issues you face during the legal process, contact Alan R. Silverman, Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law, at 760-512-3251 or online to schedule your free, initial telephone consultation. Sunday appointments are available.
Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law, located in Carlsbad, California, serves clients in and around Carlsbad, San Diego, Oceanside, Vista, Escondido, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Encinitas, La Jolla, Mira Mesa, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, San Marcos and all North County San Diego.