Skilled Carlsbad Lawyers Handle High-Conflict Family Court Matters
Committed to resolving challenging San Diego County cases
In 1993, attorneys Alan R. Silverman and Claudia Bravo Silverman together established Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law, and began addressing Family Court matters in the Superior Court of California. Before obtaining his license to practice law, Mr. Silverman practiced variously as a Marriage, Family Court and Child Counselor, was employed as a clinical psychologist in Carlsbad, and served as Executive Director of Casa De Amparo, a child-abuse residential treatment facility in Oceanside funded by the San Diego County Department of Social Services. During that time, he wrote and administered a child-abuse treatment grant to benefit military families at Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base in Oceanside, CA.
Our philosophy is to obtain desirable results for clients and to focus on resolution without involving hostile confrontations or stressful scenes. We address Family Court disputes with an understanding of mental-health issues and psychopathology to reduce conflict and produce better results. If you reside in San Diego County or have a matter for or before the Superior Court of San Diego County, let us help you accomplish your Family Court-law goals in the least confrontational manner possible, whether alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) or other method to guide you and your [ex-]spouse/partner toward a just settlement. Alan R. Silverman is available as a private mediator or a private judge or to represent one party in mediation. Should you retain our firm to represent and advocate for you in the traditional method to seek a resolution for your Family Court issues, and an equitable agreement cannot be reached between you and your spouse, then Alan R. Silverman, our skilled litigator, can take your case to trial.
What sets us apart from other firms practicing Family Law and appearing in Family Court?
We have the knowledge and dedication to help you through the difficult issues affecting your life and your Family Court matter. You can rely on us to obtain results and give you peace of mind and confidence regarding your future. We are different because of our:
- Experience – We have over 25 years of experience together in mediation, collaborative methods, and litigation in resolving Family Court disputes.
- Psychology and counseling background-Attorney Alan R. Silverman holds a Ph.D. in counseling psychology and has 15 years of practical experience in marriage and family and adolescent and child counseling-especially useful in addressing destructive dynamics that can cause parental estrangement or disruption of a parent-child relationship. .
- Counseling-model approach-Our counseling-model approach helps you cope with the emotional or psychological issues in your dissolution that may arise during drawn out, complex dissolution proceedings.
- Certified by The State Bar as a Family Law specialist (CFLS)-Alan R. Silverman, Ph.D., is certified by the Board of Legal Specialization of The State Bar of California as a Family Court-law specialist, a title he earned through a rigorous application, examination and review process acknowledging exceptional skills, ethics and professionalism.
- Family Law mediator-Alan R. Silverman is available as a neutral mediator to guide you and your spouse/partner toward equitable settlement terms through mediation, where he supports both of you in reaching a conclusion and represents neither one of you. The issues for resolution may be, one or any combination of, property division, child custody, parenting plans, visitation, child support and/or spousal support or any portion thereof. Each may participate in mediation with or without his or her own attorney.
Attention to you-In cases involving mental illness, parental estrangement or interference with the parent-child relationship, domestic violence, substance abuse or other difficult issues, we give you attention and referral to services as we pursue your legal options and preserve your legal rights. Alan R. Silverman’s experience as a clinical psychologist and Family Court therapist enables him to assess the dynamics of the relationship and help clients cope with any psychopathology affecting the case.
Learn more about our law firm’s results-oriented, counseling-model approach to Family Law issues
For the results you desire for your Family Law issues and for help coping with the difficult issues you face during the legal process, call Alan R. Silverman at Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law, at 760-512-3251 or contact us online to schedule your free, initial telephone consultation. Sunday appointments are available.
Silverman & Silverman, Attorneys at Law, located in Carlsbad, California, serves clients in and around Carlsbad, San Diego, Oceanside, Vista, Escondido, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Encinitas, La Jolla, Mira Mesa, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, San Marcos and all North County San Diego or any party with a matter for the Superior Court of San Diego.